Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Secret by Denise Patrick

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Secret by Denise PatrickBook Type: Children's Literature/ Board Book ( book with cardboard pages)
Author: Denise Patrick
Pages: 14

Summary:
Ariel learns what humans are, and what beautiful treasures they make!

My Review:
I love reading about Ariel's adventures, and I plan on building a collection of books just about her! What I absolutely loved about this book was that Ariel learns about humans for the first time, and I guess that she had to be very young here. She also makes her secret grotto for the first time, filling it with treasures that we see in the movie later on :) Since it is a board book, I would've expected the text to be very juvenile but I was surprised; it's actually just simplified and has shorter sentences. I would've bought this, but I dont like board books. I think collectors of Ariel stuff will love this, and I give this book (*****) 5 stars.
Can we all appreciate how grumpy
Sebastian looks? I love it!
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment