Friday, May 16, 2014

(2) Barbie In A Mermaid Tale Step Into Reading by Christy Webster

(2) Barbie In A Mermaid Tale Step Into Reading by Christy Webster
Book Type: Children's Literature
Author: Christy Webster
Pages: 32

Summary(amazon.com):

Barbie fans will love this Step 2 reader based on the latest Barbie DVD movie!

My Review:
Step-Into-Reading is a great resource for children learning to read, especially when their books feature mermaids like Merliah! What I liked most about this book is that although the sentences are short, none of the detail from the movie was cut out! I also loved the pictures, which are beautiful and vibrant; perfect for keeping young reader's attention and interest in the book. Although children, especially young mer-girls will love learning to read through Merliah's mermaid adventure, adults will loose interest quickly since it features short sentences and words. Also, there was one small detail that really bothered me. If you look at the back of the book, you will notice in the book summary that they got Merliah's name wrong! Look:

 I just couldn't believe that the main character's name is spelled wrong. Other than that, I loved this book, the illustrations, and it's perfect for young mers learning to read! I give this book (****) 4 stars.
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment