Sunday, June 17, 2012

I Find Mermaids Everywhere!

Recently, I took a trip to the zoo with my lovely boyfriend. Somehow, I always manage to find something about mermaids ;) Here are a few interesting pictures I took!
      As you may have seen, there was a recent special on Animal Planet about mermaids titled, "Mermaids: The Body Found". In this special, scientists tear away at the fantasy mermaids we all know so well, and look at the anatomy, social behaviors and physiology of merfolk. In one scene in particular, they show drawings and replicas of what a mermaids skull might look like. When I found this, I said hmm... looks familiar? And my boyfriend agreed! Take a look ;)

Fossilized Skull at Bronx Zoo
As you can see, both have a crest on the head.
Although some of the features in the drawing
are smaller, how much is false, and how much
is true about this documentary?

Skull Drawing From Mermaids The Body Found on Animal Planet

Also, I managed to find a beautiful mermaid fountain :)
Mermaid fountain at the Bronx Zoo
 More book reviews are coming soon! Also, I will try to post more "mer-mish" things I saw at the zoo.. it's a surprise though :)
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment