Thursday, June 7, 2012

Can You Catch A Mermaid? by Jane Ray

Can You Catch A Mermaid by Jane Ray
Book type: Children's literature
Author: Jane Ray
Pages: 32

Summary(goodreads.com):
Have you ever seen a mermaid? Eliza has! This is the captivating story of how Eliza and a mermaid become the very best of friends.

My Review:

This book was absolutely captivating, story and artwork alike! This children’s story was so different from what I have read before, and even the fact that the mermaid needed something from the sea for her to return home was new to me. This is also a great coming of age story. Throughout the book, you see the young girl named Eliza, always wanting to be with her father, to now growing up and wanting to be with children her own age. I also like that even though this book is meant for children, it wasn’t written in a juvenile style of language. But what will captivate you the most is the style of artwork throughout these pages. I love when a children’s book, especially one about mermaids has great, vibrant artwork. Jane Ray’s style of drawing and color use is something I have never seen before. I also love the soft, backgrounds, and the way that the characters and animals in this book are created is truly unique.  I recommend this to someone who loves a cute, happy mermaid books, a fan of mermaid children’s literature or just a fan of mermaids in general. I give this book (*****) 5 stars.
-Sirenita The Selkie


No comments:

Post a Comment