Monday, May 14, 2012

To Catch A Mermaid by Suzanne Selfors

To Catch A Mermaid by Suzanne Selfors
Book Type: Novel
Author: Suzanne Selfors
Pages: 256

Summary(goodreads.com):
Boom Broom doesn't think his life could get any worse. Ever since his mother was swept away by a twister, his family has gone crazy. They refuse to leave the house and Boom and his sister Mertyle are looked after by Halvor, the Viking descendant who rents the room over their garage. When Boom finds a baby mermaid who seems to grant unlimited wishes, he thinks his luck has turned around. That is, until his sister is hit by the curse of the merfolk. Now Boom and his best friend Winger must find a way to return the merbaby to its mother and save Mertyle before it is too late.

My Review:
 I cannot tell you how much I absolutely love this book! Not only is this one of my favorite mermaid books, it is one of my favorite books overall! Selfors brings a type of magic that most authors cant bring. Her thoughts and words are bright, colorful and bring you back to your favorite childhood story. This book has a type of whimsical nature, similar to Emily Windsnap. However, some might say this book is for children only, but I still recommend this to anyone who wants to have a good laugh in the book. Halvor is quite a hilarious character, but of course the character that really stood out to me was the baby mermaid. She is feisty, demanding and everything a baby mermaid would be. Selfors created this character perfectly. Unfortunatley, the ending was a bit of a cliff hanger. I would of liked to see a second book after this one. Hopefully she will write one soon! I give this book (*****) 5 stars.
Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment