Monday, May 14, 2012

Goosebumps: Deep Trouble by R.L. Stine

Goosebumps: Deep Trouble by R.L. Stine
Book Type: Novel/short story
Author: R.L. Stine
Pages: 117

Summary(goodreads.com):
Billy and his sister, Sheena, are visiting their uncle Dr. Deep on a tiny Caribbean island. It's the perfect place to go exploring underwater...and Billy's ready for an adventure. There's only one rule to remember: Stay away from the coral reefs. Still, the reefs are so beautiful. So peaceful. Billy can't resist. But he's not alone in the water. Something's lurking deep below the surface. Something that's dark and scaly. Something that's half-human, half f-fish..

My Review: 
I know what your thinking. Goosebumps? A mermaid book? Really? And yes! I was just as surprised as you were. When I first picked this up, I didn't really read the back too much, but I was really surprised to find out the "sci-fi" creature in this book was a mermaid. I didn't expect Stine to write about a mermaid. This book was overall meant for children really. The plot was not twisted or unexpected, so there really wasn't much excitement, but I recommend that everyone tries a book at least once, no matter what someone rates it as. I give this book (**) 2 stars.
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment