Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sirena By Donna Jo Napoli


Sirena by Donna Jo Napoli
Book Type: Novel
Author: Donna Jo Napoli
Pages: 210 

Summary (goodreads.com): 
When Sirena and her sisters sing their siren songs to the sailors on their way to the Trojan War, the men crash their ships upon the rocks. There is one survivor. Sirena defies the goddess Hera by tending his wounds and soon the two are deep in love. But does Philoctetes love Sirena's song, or her soul? And will the pull of honor prove stronger than the bond of love?

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this. I have known about this book for about four years, and I have read this book three times. The story seems to never get old to me. I really enjoy the way Napoli described everything. The scenes were so vivid and her language was so colorful that I could picture everything going on very clearly. When I started reading that this book involved Greek mythology I must admit I was quite timid at first because I always found it to be very complicated, but this wasn't, which is why I also enjoyed it. What really captured my heart was how much I can relate to Sirena, the main character. She is so dedicated to the ones she loves the most, that it was really touching. I definitely recommend this if your into romantic stories as well. I give this (*****) 5 stars.
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment