Monday, May 14, 2012

Mermaid Park by Beth Mayall

Mermaid Park by Beth Mayall
Book Type: Novel
Author: Beth Mayall
Pages: 256

Summary(goodreads.com):
Sixteen-year-old Amy Rush doesn t expect much from her summer at the Jersey shore, until she stumbles on Mermaid Park, an old tourist spot where girls dress in fabulous costumes and put on underwater shows. Working at the park changes Amy's life in more ways than she could have imagined. She finds romance, a newfound self-confidence, and discovers breathtaking revelations about long-buried family secrets.

My Review: 
I can honestly say this book was okay and nothing more. It was kind of forgettable. When I first picked up this book from my library, I was expecting something magical. When I say magical, I don't mean pixies and fairy dust, but a little bit of undersea seduction. However, when I continued to read this, it seems it is only about a run down Wiki Watchee type place. If you want to read about REAL mermaid characters, this isn't the book for you. The mermaids in this book are just performers. I give this book (**) 2 stars.
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment