Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Little Mermaid by Deborah Hautzig (1)

The Little Mermaid by Deborah Hautzig
Book Type: Children's book, easy-to-ead
Author: Deborah Hautzig
Pages: 48

Summary(amazon.com):
Andersen's sweet, sad story is beautifully retold for young readers. When the little mermaid gives up her voice in exchange for legs and a chance to meet her beloved human prince, she earns a real human soul.

My Review:

From the beautifully drawn cover to the sweet, sad ending on the last page, this book is a treat for lovers of "The Little Mermaid." What I enjoyed most about this book was that the original story of "The Little Mermaid" is retold, but in an easier and more simplified version for children to understand. However, Deborah Hautzig did not exclude any of the fine details of this classic. What I also adored about this book was the illustrations. They were very full of life, and the mermaids tails was gorgeous! Here is a sample:


This is one of my favorites!
I think the only thing that might bother adult mermaid lovers is that the text is quite big, and the text is simplified and a little juvenile. Overall, I think this is a beautiful version of "The Little Mermaid" and children, especially little mer-girls will love reading this! I give this book (*****) 5 stars.
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment