Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dear Mermaid by Alan Durant (4)

Dear Mermaid by Alan DurantBook Type: Children's Book
Author: Alan Durant
Pages: 32

Summary(amazon.com):
On her first day of vacation, Holly finds a mermaid’s purse on the beach. She wants to give it back, but has a few questions for the mermaid first. Imagine how thrilled Holly is the next day to find the purse again, with a letter inside — and a request to help find a mysterious gold key!

My Review:
As I had expected, this book was just way too much glitter and girliness for my taste. The mermaid is very coloful and bright and she reminds me of a fairy instead of a mermaid. However, I did think it was very cute that there were letters for children to pull out and enjoy! Unfortunately, when I picked up my copy from the library, the letters were all mixed up so it was a little confusing to understand what was going on. Overall, this book was cute, but a little too juvenile for adult readers to enjoy. I give this book (**-***) 2-3 stars.
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment