Sunday, April 27, 2014

Disney's The Little Mermaid A Merry Mermaid Christmas by Mary Man Kong

Disney's The Little Mermaid A Merry Mermaid Christmas by Mary Man Kong Book Type: Children's Literature
Author: Mary Man Kong
Pages: 24


Summary:
Ariel learns about the human holiday, Christmas and what the true meaning of Christmas really is.


My Review:
Mermaids and Christmas; where did this idea come from? I'm not sure, but I love the combination! This book is so unique and original, and often, readers don't get a peak into Ariel's life outside the original plot of The Little Mermaid. What I loved about this book is the main concept. Ariel learns that gift giving may be difficult, especially when you want to give something perfect, but Christmas isn't about that. It is about enjoying your family and friends, the food, songs and celebration! Ariel also learns that you don't have to give a big gift for the receiver to be happy; it just has to be something the person will find special and treasure. I also loved that the text wasn't juvenile, and there wasn't a lot of text per page. It was a very short, but sweet story. This book definitely gets (*****) 5 stars, and when I buy it, I'm going to read it every Christmas Eve :)
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment