Friday, April 11, 2014

Barbie In A Mermaid Tale 2: A Big Golden Book by Kristen L. Depken

Barbie In A Mermaid Tale 2: A Big Golden Book by Kristen L. Depken Book Type: Children's Literature
Author: Kristen L.Depken
Pages: 48

Summary:
A full colored picture book that is based off of Barbie In A Mermaid Tale 2

My Review:
As I have previously mentioned on my other blog Media Mermaids and on this blog as well, I love Barbie In A Mermaid Tale! Although many people would expect it to be juvenile because it features Barbie, it actually wasn't at all. What I loved about this book is that the text wasn't simplified for young readers, and older mermaids will be able to enjoy this with the mer-children. The illustrations were also brilliantly bright and beautiful! I have noticed something about the illustrations of Merliah. She looks way too girly in the books compared to the movies. Take a look and see what you think:
notice how thin she looks, and
how much makeup she's wearing as well!


Much more natural and normal!
I really did love this book, and I plan on adding it to my collection! I give this book (*****) 5 stars.








PS: There is also a smaller golden book. Here is the book cover:
Although the smaller golden book is similar, the big golden book has more detail to it. Check them both out to see which one you prefer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment