Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Disney's The Little Mermaid Classic Storybook by Sheryl Kahn

Disney's The Little Mermaid Classic Storybook by Sheryl Kahn
Book Type: Children's Literature
Author: Sheryl Kahn
Pages: 95


Summary(amazon.com):
A beautiful sea princess, longing to be human, trades her mermaid's tail for legs, hoping to win the heart of the prince she loves.



My Review:
I'm so happy to review another "The Little Mermaid" book! What I liked about this book is that all of the original details of the plot were kept, something that is very important for people like me, who love Ariel :) The way the text was written wasn't juvenile, and adults can read and enjoy it as well. What I also loved were the illustrations, especially the storm scene and Ariel's transformation. Take a look:




I thought these illustrations were very unique, and I have never seen Ariel's transformation drawn! I love it! There were some small details that bothered me. Although the first page mentions King Triton's concert, the reader sees Prince Eric on his ship instead. Also, the Seahorse Herald is green in the book, but this is what he looks like:
Overall, I thought this book was perfect for "The Little Mermaid" collectors like myself, and the illustrations are perfect for people who love to draw! I give this book (*****) 5 stars.
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment