Friday, January 17, 2014

Whatever After #3: Sink or Swim by Sarah Mlynowski

Whatever After #3: Sink or Swim by Sarah Mlynowski Book Type: Children's Literature/ Children's Novel
Author:  Sarah Mlynowski
Pages: 176

Summary(amazon.com):
Once again my brother and I are in hot water . . .
We weren't planning to mess up the fairy tales. The first two times we did it by accident. But when our magic mirror pulls us into the story of the Little Mermaid, we have no choice but to try and rewrite it. Let's just say the original story does NOT end happily!


My Review:
Have you ever read the classic story of "The Little Mermaid" by Hans Christian Anderson and wished the ending was different? Well, I wont give it away, but let's just say it is quite depressing! However, Sarah Mlynowski manages to change the classic fairytale into something fun and silly for children to read! When I first bought this book at a local Barnes and Noble, I was a bit skeptical since it seemed a bit juvenile at first, especially when I started to read it. But this book totally sucked me in, just like the magic mirror that sucks Abby and Jonah into stories! What I also love about this book is that children who read this will learn lessons such as following your conscious, standing up for others and doing the right thing. This book is a totally fun, silly and whimsical version of The Little Mermaid that made me laugh at times. I don't want to give too much away though! Go get this book for an awesome and modern version of The Little Mermaid! I definitely give this book (*****) 5 stars
-Sirenita The Selkie
PS: Here is a cool trailer of the first book: Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment