Monday, July 28, 2014

(37) Secret Kingdom: Mermaid Reef by Rosie Banks

Book Type: Children's Book/ Easy Read
Author: Rosie Banks
Pages: 128

Summary(goodreads.com):
When best friends Ellie, Summer and Jasmine are invited to the Secret Kingdom they are surprised to find that this time they will be diving deep beneath the sea! 
Queen Malice has hidden one of her thunderbolts underwater and the mermaids in Secret Kingdom are in danger of losing their Wishing Pearl forever! 
Can the girls help stop Queen Malice and her naughty Storm Sprites from ruining everyone’s fun again?

My Review:
Girly, charming and whimsical; this book was full of magic and Trixie dust! 
What I liked about this book was that although it's a series, the reader is informed of what happened over the last couple of stories and what the Secret Kingdom is all about! This book immediately caught my attention; there are many cool fantasy elements, such as magic objects used to help them on their quests. I wish I had the unicorn horn to talk to animals! Every couple of pages, there are black-and-white illustrations to depict what is currently going on in the plot. 
The only complaints I have about this book is that it has a juvenile style and it is very girly. I believe grade school girls will enjoy this much more than older mers. I give this book (***) 3 stars.
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment