Sunday, November 25, 2012

How To Draw The Little Mermaid by Philo Barnhart and Diana Wakeman

Book Type: How To Draw Mermaids/ Art Book
Author: Philo Barnhart and Diana Wakeman
Pages: 40

Summary(amazon.com):
Artists both young and old will enjoy re-creating Ariel, Sebastian, Flounder, and the rest of their underwater friends. With step-by-step instructions, professional Disney artists demonstrate how easy it can be to render favorite characters from the animated featured film. Aspiring artists will learn how to draw the featured characters in a variety of poses and moods as they also discover interesting facts about the movie. Learn to Draw the Little Mermaid shows just how fun the world of cartooning can be!

My Review:
I bought this book a while back after I discovered it at my local library. I think this book is perfect for learning the steps to drawing the characters. Ever since I started practicing drawing Ariel, my mermaids have began to look better and the tails have taken a better shape as well! Some of the characters include Ariel, Sebastian, Flounder, Ursula and Eric. There is also some intro information about the movie, such as background history. If you are an artist or a fan of The Little Mermaid, I definitely recommend checking this book out. I give this book (*****) 5 stars.
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment