Tuesday, June 30, 2015

(6) The Little mermaid by Robert Sabuda

13547175Book Type: Children's Book
Author: Robert Sabuda
Pages: 12

Summary(goodreads.com):
A beloved under-the-sea tale is now a pop-up masterpiece, from expert craftsman Robert Sabuda.

Come along on a magical journey under the sea in this stunning pop-up adaptation of the beloved fairy tale The Little Mermaid, expertly crafted by renowned paper engineer Robert Sabuda. Amazing three-dimensional paper structures pop off each page, bringing this classic underwater adventure to life. This visually stunning tale of adventure, true love, and sacrifice is sure to become a favorite in any story-lovers library.


My Review:
Believe it or not, this book has been sitting on my shelf, waiting to be explored for two years! I was just so busy with other mermaid books that I forgot about this gem that I bought with Christmas money :) 
I love how the author simplified the original text; it's perfect! Its easy to understand without skipping over the original beauty of Hans Christian Anderson's writing. But what really made this story come to life was the amazing pop ups!
I have never seen a more beautiful pop up book!
That being said, this isn't exactly safe in a merchild's hands. These pop ups are very delicate!!!
Adults should accompany children and be careful when you open it! Some of the pop ups got a bit annoying when I was reading the book. They got stuck when I tried to open them, and I accidentally ripped one because it didn't open right :(
I loved this book and it really is a beautiful gem in anyone's mer-library, but be careful with the pop ups, especially around children! However, this would make a perfect bedtime story :)
I give this book (***) 3 stars.
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment