Tuesday, June 30, 2015

(5) The Dolphins Of Coral Cove by K.S. Rodriguez

Book Type: Novel/Paperback
Author: K.S. Rodriguez
Pages: 80

*Sorry for the missing pic, Merfolk! I will upload a picture as soon as I can!*

Summary:
Ariel and her sisters find a pod of dolphins and decide to befriend them. When one of the dolphins is caught, how will Ariel help her new friend?

My Review:
I loved that this book didn't start off with slow events, and the reader is immediately captured into the undersea life of Ariel! The dolphins are so cute! They're friendly, playful and have characteristics that remind me of real dolphins.

But what I loved most about this book is that it dealt with the very real and contemporary issue of animals in captivity, and how it not only destroys important family bonds, but it destroys an animal emotionally. When one of the dolphins is caught in a net, my heart ached, and I almost had tears in my eyes.
This was one of my favorite The Little Mermaid paperbacks so far!
I give this book (****) 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment