Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mairi's Mermaid by Michael Morpurgo

Mairi's MermaidBook Type: Children's Book
Author: Michael Morpurgo
Pages: 48

Summary(goodreads.com):
Robbie says swimming is easy. You just have to pretend you’re a mermaid. But that doesn’t help Mairi. She isn’t even sure that mermaids are real!



My Review: 
Learning how to swim is a milestone in every little merchild's life that requires patience...and sometimes a little help from merpeople! I loved the main concept of the book; every creature needs help now matter how big or small. By helping each other, Mairi and the mermaid solved their problems. The book also teaches patience and perseverance.

I loved the small details in the book. On every page, a fish makes a comment about what's going on. I also loved the cute illustrations and how tiny the merpeople were! I give this book (****) 4 stars.
-Sirenita The Selkie


No comments:

Post a Comment